Reporting Fraud or Identity Theft
- File a police report: get a copy of the report or a case number. It's your proof of the crime when dealing with creditors holding the fraudulent accounts.
- If phishing or other online fraud, contact Johnson City Bank immediately at 1-830-868-7131 or 1-877-630-4726.
- Call one of the three major credit bureaus:
1. Have a "fraud alert" placed on your file so new credit cannot be given without your approval. Each credit bureau automatically alerts the other two.
2. Request and review your credit report carefully. You are entitled to one free credit report from each bureau every 12 months.
P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374
PO Box 9554
Allen, TX 75013
§ TransUnion LLC
P.O. Box 1000
Chester, PA 19022
- Notify the companies that hold fraudulent accounts in your name and close them. Use the Federal Trade Commission's ID-theft affidavit to simplify your dealings with companies holding the fraudulent accounts.
- Change all of your passwords. Add passwords to accounts that don't have them. Don't use passwords that can tie back to you such as your mother's maiden name or a pet's name.
MAJOR CHECK VERIFICATION COMPANIES
If you have had a check(s) stolen or bank account opened fraudulently,
report it to the check verification companies listed below. Place a stop
payment order on any invalid (or unauthorized) checks. Cancel your checking
and savings account and obtain new accounts.
- Certegy, Inc
- Chex Systems, Inc.
Call 800-428-9623 or
Call 800-710-9898 or
- National Processing Co. (NPC)
Call 800-526-5380 or
Call SCAN (800-262-7771) to find out if the identity theft has been passing
bad checks in your name.
The Johnson City Bank provides the "Identity Theft information" only as a
convenience. USERS ARE SOLEY RESPONSIBLE FOR VERIFYING THE ACCURACY,
COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY AND SUITABILITY OF ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN.
The Johnson City Bank does not endorse, guarantee or warrant any of the
referenced commercial products or services and any mention of commercial
products or services is for informational purposes only. The Johnson City
Bank has provided links to Internet sites maintained by third parties which
may be of interest to users, but for which Johnson City Bank has no
responsibility. The Johnson City Banks makes no representations or
warranties of any kind as to the accuracy or any other aspect of the
information contained on such Internet sites.
If you have questions please contact us at 1-830-868-7131 or 1-877-630-4726. You may also ask about our Fraud and Identity Theft help packets.